The VATCAR Aeronautical Data Specialist is responsible for the management of Aeronautical Data relevant to VATCAR, and it’s various uses across the Division. The Aeronautical Data Specialist position will act as the Facility Engineer for each VATCAR FIR in absence of a FIR Facility Engineer. They will be responsible for the creation, update, and management of FIR sector files, and will serve as a source of knowledge or assistance to each FIR Facility Engineer. The Aeronautical Data Specialist will be responsible for maintaining the data within each sector file in their responsibility to ensure it is updated with each AIRAC cycle. The Aeronautical Data Specialist will be responsible for obtaining and updating aeronautical charts & AIPs, and management of the VATCAR Aeronautical Chart library. The Aeronautical Data Specialist will additionally be responsible for keeping the data in the VATCAR airport database current and correct. They will assist in monitoring the ICAO 4444 and FAA 7110 documents for updates relevant to VATCAR. The Aeronautical Data Specialist will additionally assist the VATCAR Training Department with development of Continuing Education courses for VATCAR controllers in response to ICAO 4444 and FAA 7110 document changes.
– Creation, Update, and Management of FIR Sector Files
– Processing AIRAC Data Updates to FIRs via Sector Files, Nav Data, etc.
– Obtaining and Management of Airport Charts/AIPs
– Management of VATCAR Airport Data
– Processing ICAO 4444 and FAA 7110 Updates
– Assist with development of Continuing Education Courses for VATCAR controllers
– Duties are not limited to those listed above
– Controller 1, or 6+ months as a Student 3
– Previous FE experience
– Ability to read and understand aeronautical charts
– Google Earth
– Raw Editing of SCT and ESE files
– Handling NGDC Coastline Data*
– HTML & PHP Coding*
*Preferred, and can be taught to qualified candidate.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://apps.vatcar.org/ →